Yellow Chicken Curry
This delicious Yellow Chicken Curry is the perfect meal to fill your home with a savory aroma. It’s easy to make, and a great way to enjoy a bowl full of veggies and chicken with a whole new flavor.
Yellow chicken curry is one of my favorite ways to eat vegetables. The curry powder and turmeric give the dish a beautiful yellow color, and the coconut milk makes it rich and creamy. I like to add lots of vegetables to my curry, including onions, carrots, bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower and zucchini. The vegetables soften in the sauce, absorbing all of the delicious flavors. I like to top it with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro. Yellow chicken curry is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy a variety of vegetables.
Rice and PCOS
Is rice okay to eat when you have PCOS? Well…..I love rice, but it is important to note that it has a high glycemic index, meaning it turns straight to sugar in your body when you eat it.
Brown rice and wild rice are better but still not perfect. So my recommendation is to try cauliflower rice. I buy it frozen and eat it in a frying pan with a little olive oil and salt. However, if you really love rice with your curry then I say enjoy it in a small amount!
How to store and serve
This recipe can be made ahead and reheated when ready to serve, making it a super easy healthy recipe.
The yellow chicken curry stores well in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Yellow Chicken Curry
- 1 cup coconut milk carton or canned
- 1 can 15oz coconut cream
- 1 cup chicken stock + more as needed to thin coconut milk broth.
- 1 tablespoon swerve sweetener
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp yellow curry powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 cooked chicken breasts chopped into bite size chunks. I use rotisserie chicken
- olive or coconut oil for cooking chicken.
- 6-8 cups of the following vegetables: Cauliflower Broccoli, Carrots, Zucchini, Onion, Bell Peppers and/or snow peas
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 6 cups cooked Wild rice Quinoa or Cauliflower rice to serve
- In a stock pot combine: coconut milk, chicken stock and all the seasonings. Whisk together, and set aside.
- To the stock pot add chopped onions and carrots and simmer over medium heat until they soften. Add faster cooking veggies such as cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini and peppers.
- Bring almost to a boil then reduce heat immediately to a gentle simmer until vegetables are not quite cooked.
- The curry will taste better with slightly undercooked veggies and the veggies will continue to cook when you turn off the heat.
- Serve with Wild Rice, Quinoa, or Cauliflower Rice
Similar Recipes You Will Enjoy
Meatballs and Zoodles - This dish gives you all the satisfaction of an Italian dinner without all the processed...
Pineapple Fried "Rice" - Fried rice is one of my favorite dishes when I eat out at a Chinese restaurant! Unlike...
Chicken Taco Soup - Completely PCOS friendly but you would never guess it! This delicious soup is quick and easy and...
PCOS FERTILITY MEAL GUIDE
What I changed to finally get pregnant after almost 2 years of trying.
What the heck to eat to boost PCOS fertility
It’s not a one size fits all
Sample Meal Plan Included
Plan and Prep Guide Included
Go beyond diet & nourish your hormones to boost fertility
I share the steps I followed in this FREE MEAL GUIDE.